Our client, a large global manufacturing, research, and development company headquartered in St. Charles County, is searching for a Senior Counsel to partner and advise on transactional matters, including negotiation, drafting and interpretation of supply and service agreements. You may also be involved in the formation and operations of joint ventures or other strategic alliances. This role will work with and report to the General Counsel.
Day-to-day activities include:
• Provide global legal advice to senior management on a variety of issues.
• Advising/negotiating, drafting and reviewing all types of agreement for various transactions, including consulting, supply distribution, manufacturing, research, sales and services agreements.
• Advising the company on transactional matters including M&A activities, e.g. overseeing and managing the due diligence process, drafting and reviewing transactional documents as needed, provided support on related labor, intellectual property, regulatory issues.
• Advising on employment issues, with the assistance of outside counsel as, appropriate.
• Working with, managing and ensuring cost effective services from outside counsel.
• Assisting in the development of the annual legal budget and providing input on managing cost to keep legal expenses in-line with budgeted amounts.
• Advising on other legal matters that relate to any and all aspects of the Company’s business, particularly related to general corporate and international matters.
What our client offers its employees:
• A generous total rewards package including competitive salary plus bonus potential, exceptional benefits, and a retirement package boasting one of the top employer matching contributions in the area.
• Visionary leadership that promotes a collegial culture with strong emphasis on work/life balance.
• A gorgeous and inspiring campus offering daily free lunch, free coffee bar, on-site massage therapy, and much more!
Experience and skills our client is seeking:
• At least 8 years of hands-on experience in legal matters related to complex transactions. Corpore in-house law experience supporting a variety of functions.
• Experience handling employment law matters domestically or internationally desired.
• Excellent drafting skills and drafting complex contracts.
• Excellent presentation and relationship building skills.