Are you an experienced mechanical professional looking for your next challenge? How would you like to work for a company that is known as the leading manufacturer of equipment used by contractors and manufacturers around the globe? Our client is seeking a Welder to be responsible for reading blueprints, setting up welding equipment, maintaining the work site, clean, repairing parts of metal products, following detailed welding instructions. This exciting, contract-to-hire hire position located in Washington, MO.
Hours: 6:00 am to 2:20 pm with ½ hour for lunch at noon each day
• Fits & weld fabricated metal parts to produce standard and/or special products.
• Understand welding procedures regarding electrode size, current, arc length and voltage, travel speed and electrode angle.
• Set up and adjust welding equipment accordingly & working with complicated engineering drawings.
• May attend seminars or other training to keep skills up to date.
• Seeks out and implements continuous quality improvements.
• Actively participates in LEAN activities such as PDCA, A-3, and Root Cause Analysis activities
• Demonstrates flexibility when asked to take on new things.
What our client offers:
• Resume-enhancing, professional experience with an organization that values employee growth and work/life balance!
• Competitive compensation and a valuable opportunity to enhance positive departmental growth.
• Join a warm & family-like work culture that radiates love, inspiration, and fulfillment.
Who our client is seeking:
• Prefer experience in MIG welding and machine setup for light gauge metals (16 gauge to ¼ “).
• Requires thorough knowledge of reading and understanding blueprints along with the ability to convert this knowledge to obtain an efficient product.
• Requires the use of addition, subtraction, multiplication and division of decimals and fractions.
• Requires the use of standard measuring instruments normally required to set angles and dimensions within stated welding tolerances.
• Requires some judgment to comply with instructions, follow prescribed methods and make minor decisions as to setups, operations and processes.
• Experience in safely and efficiently operating a forklift and overhead crane is required.