Would you enjoy working for a leading equipment manufacturer known throughout the US and around the globe. We are seeking a Senior Accountant to serve as the company’s primary contact for fixed assets and sales and use tax. This rewarding, contract-to-hire opportunity is located in Washington, MO.
• Assists in the preparation of monthly financial statements, prepare journal entries, analyzes accounts, and month-end reports. Maintains an understanding of SyteLine ERP system-generated entries to the ledger.
• Tracks the company’s fixed assets including additions, disposals, and depreciation records for financial books and tax books. Prepares related journal entries and reconciles accounts. Prepares property tax filings, reviews and approves property tax billings.
• Completes payroll in the absence of the primary payroll person. Reviews and ensures accuracy of hours, rates, deductions.
• Reviews and approves the Accounts Payable process – oversees the maintenance of W-9 records and coordinates preparation of year-end 1099’s.
• Mentors and trains other accounting personnel
• Analyzes and interprets financial and operational results, working closely with the Controller and the CFO
What our client offers:
• Enjoy a premium benefits plan offering family coverage options & gain the potential opportunity for career growth!
• Join a warm, family-like team where you will feel valued!
Who our client seeks:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required with 10+ years accounting experience.
• Prior experience in ERP systems, general ledger software, payroll, accounts payable, fixed assets, and Microsoft Office
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• LEAN manufacturing and accounting experience helpful
• Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with people at all levels of the organization