Automatically Forward Email
1. From the menu bar, click Tools then choose Rules and Alerts.
2. On the Email Rules tab, select New Rule.
In Step 1 of this pane select Check Messages when they arrive
In Step 2 of this pane select Apply this rule after the message arrives
3. In the next pane, choose the radio button labeled Start from a blank rule then click Next. The next pane asks Which condition(s) do you want to check?
Example 1: Forwarding email while you are away
Click the checkbox for where my name is in the To or CC box, then click Next:
Example 2: Forwarding email based on Subject
Click the checkbox with specific words in the subject, then click Next:
In the lower pane, specify words or phrases in the subject to which this rule will apply.
4. The next pane asks What do you want to do with the message?
Click the checkbox forward it to people or distribution list, then click Next:
On the lower section of the panel, click people or distribution list
From the pop up, find and highlight a co-worker to receive your email
Click To so their name appears in the To text box, or type in their name(s); Click OK
Apply the Rule
5. Click Next.
6. If there are Exceptions to the rule, designate them here. (Most people skip this step.)
7. Finish the rule set up by clicking the checkbox labeled Turn on this rule.
8. Begin using the rule by clicking the Apply button.
9. The Rule is listed in the Rule list with a checkmark, indicating that it is turned on.
Turn off the rule by clicking Tools, choosing Rules and Alerts and clicking a rule’s checkbox to clear it. The rule is still available but turned off.